Monday, July 17, 2006

A quick hello

I am just saying a quick hello here to get the blog a going. I am so pleased to make this technology work to make our world a bit more friendly toward healthy parenting! Let me tell you a bit about why I enjoy being a part of the work that supports people becoming the best that they can be.

I was born the youngest of three children in Detroit, Michigan at a time when family life and encouraging children meant sending the little ones to school and church and everyone just hoped things would turn out right. Yes it was the 1950-60's! I think the society still hopes that those actions will still produce the next set of citizens but we are starting to realize that parenting is a lot more complicated than before. Technology is changing everything quickly. There is so much information flowing and a great expectation that we respond quickly that the arts of listening and caring in families is being shoved a side by purchasing goods to make up for lost family time. I am pleased to be able to use coaching skills to help parents set some goals that clearly reflect their hopes and dreams for their children. I am happy to be a part of this group that shares similar ideals.

So you will hear more from me soon but I wanted to get going and break some ice on this blog. Check out my favorite book list if you want to read some great stuff.

Mary Ivory MA, LCPC
Coach and Counselor
Gather Sparks Corporation
...Helping to find what lights your life...
312-859-6654
gathersparks@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home