Sunday, November 26, 2006

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I'd love to know whether anyone in our parenting group has used "Parenting With Love and Logic" and/or "Parenting Teens With Love and Logic," both by Cline and Fay, particularly their approach to dealing with kids' anger. They focus a great deal on consistency, on parents' learning how to modulate their own responses to kids' behavior, and on always linking behavior and consequences (like the "real world," they point out. My daughter in law recently took a course in her local school which used their materials and says she found it helpful for clarifying her thinking. But since nobody in our group has mentioned them, I wonder what you feel about the validity and usefulness of this approach.

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Golden said...

I have not used their material. It sounds good. I like the title. It seems to include both aspects of nurture and of being intentional about parenting (the logic.) I have been parenting my children with the "real world" in the forefront of my mind. I take very seriously the idea of preparing them for what they will face. I would love to hear more about their ideas.

Stay Strong; Stay positive

Golden

Golden Jenkins, M.Div., M.Ed., LPC
Executive Director
LifeCare Counseling and Coaching
Auburn, AL
334.444.3500

Caring for Your Life is Our Passion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home